Senior Mechanical Engineer (Lower Completions)
InflowControl is searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in our Headquarters in Porsgrunn Norway
The Senior Mechanical Engineer has primary responsibility to perform design of AICV® and related lower completion flow control or stimulation equipment for oil and gas wells. In addition, a key function is to provide technical support and communication with sub suppliers and clients in different projects.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer position will be an independent and influential role working on improvements to existing technology products as well as new development projects.
InflowControl AS enjoys a unique position in the market with patented technology and a strong global customer base already in place. We are experiencing rapid growth and are entering an exciting period for the Company. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a key hire in this growth journey and represents an excellent career opportunity for the right individual.
Basic function and tasks:
- Design and select materials for lower completion equipment for oil wells and ensure equipment is of practical, manufacturable design
- 3D modelling and preparation of manufacturing drawings and documents
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Participate in various phases of project
- Contact with customers and subcontractors
- Ensure QA in all deliveries and technical designs for customers
- Sustain customer relationships and satisfaction
- Travel to various sub supplier locations in different locations / countries
- Prepare technical sections of case evaluations as part of technical proposal process
Experience and Core competencies needed:
- Minimum 5-10 years experience with 3D design and analysis
- Good knowledge of SolidWorks and PDM
- Proven track record of design and implementation of such
- Extensive upstream oilfield experience is required; ideal candidates hold both operational and technical experience with subsurface oil & gas operations
- Experience from the Lower Completions segment is strongly desirable. Closely related Oil & Gas disciplines will be considered subject to overall profile
- Experience in designing ‘manufacturable’ products which are cost effective and robust
- Self-driven and able to work independently under pressure
- Initiative & creativity
- A team player who works effectively with peers, customers and external contractors
- Quality and HSE focus
- Language: English (spoken and written) and Norwegian (spoken)
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related subject
- The position is based at InflowControl’s HQ in Porsgrunn Norway. A competitive salary and benefit package are on offer and relocation support is available for the successful candidate. The role will include some international travel.
If you are interested and have the background outlined, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the “SME HQ Porsgrunn” as the subject” before 31st July.