The Reservoir Engineer (RE) is primarily responsible in performing AICV® (AICD/ICD) modelling and Inflow completion design advice/recommendations, technical subsurface support along with sales support for oil and gas operators purchasing InflowControl’s (IC) technology. This position shall be located in Abu Dhabi, UAE with the potential for this position to alternatively be based in other GCC locations.
In addition, a key function is to provide technical support within the sales team during client meetings and participating in the preparation of tenders and quotations. The business region where the RE is located will be the primary area of attention and responsibility, however the RE will be asked to support other business units when required within a global remit as part of the Inflow Control Reservoir Engineering team.
This position requires the employee to perform all tasks and duties that naturally form part of, or is encompassed by the Employee’s position, considering the established practices of the Company and commercial best practices. The employee ensures to follow the regulations and special instructions applicable to the Employee’s position as well as general regulations and instructions as amended from time to time by the Company.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with a preference towards Reservoir Engineering or Petroleum Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years upstream/subsurface oil & gas experience.
- Proven track record of performing (A)ICD/NETool design and implementation of such.
- Ideal candidates hold both practical operational and technical experience with subsurface oil & gas operations.
- NETool and/or subsurface near wellbore modelling is a significant asset along with subsurface completion experience.
- Language: Must be fluent in English (spoken and written) along with Fluency in Arabic and/or other languages for the Middle East Region.
- Candidate has been ( or is) working for an O&G service company or OpCo, and candidates that hold Middle East experience and professional contacts will be highly regarded.
- RE must be able to travel easily within the GCC without restriction, and must be able to qualify for local work permit in place of location in order to be employed.
Reservoir Operations Engineer will have responsibility to:
- Commit to the regional team(s) and global reservoir group objectives.
- Contribute as a team member to a regional and global growth strategy.
- Ensure QA in all deliveries and technical designs for customers.
- Sustaining customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Travel to various client locations in different locations / countries.
- Support technical sales at client meetings with other colleagues or alone.
- Prepare technical sections of case evaluations as part of technical proposal process.
- Provide technical and commercial support and/or submit professional quote/tenders in response to ITT (invitation to tender) and/or RFQ (Request for quotation).
- Provides recommendations and supports clients to utilize IC’s production improvements for improving assets inflow capabilities and/or practices.
- Provides weekly/monthly updates or forecasts related to projects requested by direct manager.
- Participate with Marketing and Sales group to identify and penetrate new potential business segments ad review technical applications with team locally and at HQ level.
- Collect market intelligence and evaluate/monitor competitors, competing technologies and major service company’s technology usage and development.
- Publish and present relevant AICV/AICD/ICD related studies in SPE conferences / workshops and/or other relevant technical journals as per InflowControl process for publications.
- Share, improve and keep updated on developments in the discipline and respect the defined key minimum requirements for best practices.
- Contribute in finding new discoveries and workflows internally to continually evolve IC’s learning’s from client data/applications/feedback, etc.
- Teamwork, flexibility, integrity, and trust
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Execution of plans and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Completing tasks in a timely manner
- Self-driven and able to work independently under pressure
- Control of cost, quality & business decisions
- Initiative & creativity
- Works effectively with peers, customers and external contractors
- Quality and HSE focus